October 21, 2010 by Preeks
- Intense Post CWG Depression, heightened by boring cricket matches
- Family functions filled trip to Hyderabad
- Cold and Fever (I hate you for that, Hyderabad.)
- Work and stuff
The thing is, I am worried. I am worried about so many things, on so many levels that it is getting to my head. And because I need to clear my head, before it bursts, I decided to pass on my worries to you. Here’s what I am worried about:
- Irritating People. I am worried about them, for them, for myself and for the world, that these utterly incompetent irritating people will take over the world some day and the Earth will launch into a spiral retrograde spin, back into primitive dark ages. And the worst part is, these people keep multiplying, like Agent Smith in Matrix Reloaded. There’s that irritating smug smile on their face that says, we know it all. Before you know, there’ll be more irritants than victims and sooner than later, there’ll be no hair on your head to pull out in frustration. So, I am worried. For your hair. And for your shampoo maker.
- Non-Apple Laptop Manufacturers. Have you seen MacBook Air? Have you? Have you? Did you feel the need to urgently smash all items even closely reminiscent of your laptop? Smash them not once, but a hundred times and then do the Haka victory dance on the remnants? Did you? That’s why I am worried. For all those poor laptop manufacturers who think they are making laptops. Ignorant souls.
- Abhishek Bachchan. Seriously. Does his family hate him? (a) The poor kid is reeling from a shooting a shockingly idiotic Idea Ad and on top of that (b) He is now the brand ambassador for Videocon. Instead of being there to support him through this horrible phase, the Dad goes out to capture TRPs with KBC and the wifey goes all out on the big screen with the Roshan dude, with some really good background music heard in a long while. Poor fella. My heart goes out to him.
- HR & IT Departments. Because, I am pretty sure, we have already crossed that threshold of the employee’s patience. Some day, pretty soon, there will be a mutiny and the world will be free of these monsters. I am worried for them, because, till this happens, my life is still in their hands! So.
- My Health. That’s because I loaded my office cabinet with trucks of junk food today, in a moment of sudden sympathy for my hardworking self. As a result, all through an important meeting today, I was wondering if the Hippo chips were good enough or if I should get Lays from home for tomorrow.We are talking some serious calories here.
- My Future. Truly truly worried. I mean, here I am, all of 22, waiting for life to happen and then, suddenly I hear this horrible news. What do I make of it? You tell me. Grey’s Anatomy ending in Season 8? Are you kidding me? I had this dream of a retired 60 year old me, in a beach house, sipping coffee, blissfully watching the next generation of Seattle Grace doctors, running around with scalpels, on the screen. And this is what you endow me with? A huge part of my retirement plan just went for a toss, and you announce this silently on TV Fanatic like it is some insignificant bit of news? Whatever.
I am done ranting AND I managed to pull off a very boring Thursday afternoon. Please worry about all this, on my behalf, because, I am done being worried about everything on Earth.