October 28, 2010 by Preeks
- Winter-wear, here we come! Yoohoo! I just love winter-wear. Long-coats, sweaters, mufflers, sweatshirts. All of it. When we were in school, the excitement was a different level altogether. The morning assembly would distinctly smell of the crispy, white new shirts and grey woolen wear. There was also the comforting odour of naphthalene from the blue blazers and sweaters. Sigh. I miss school.
- Cuddling in the Razai in the sun, on weekend afternoons to read books or watch Greys? Priceless. Add to that a hot water bottle, lodged between the two feet!
- Heaters or bonfires! Both would do. We use heaters, but there is an immense jealousy that overcomes me, when I see my maid and her family sitting around crackling bonfires downstairs. I find reasons to go down, sometimes just to check if the car is locked, so I can walk by and smell that homely smell of burning wood.
- Gajak! I just love this sweet. For those who don’t know what that is, it is a sweet made of sesame seed and jaggery, and it basically tastes like heaven. This year, I have made adequate arrangements. A certain colleague from Meerut will be returning from a weekend visit to his homeplace, with a 10 kg pack of the extremely famous Meerut ka Gajak. Poor him = Happy me!
- Christmas and New Year. Always a good time of the year! The joy is almost infectious. The office will witness the lowest attendance of the year, and I will definitely not be the one going against the crowd, for sure!
- Parking yourself firmly in front of the TV on 31st December, cuddled in a razai, and watching baloney on TV. Yeah, I am quite anti-social that way!
- Fog. Call me a masochist or whatever. But isn’t fog beautiful? In school, the early morning wait for the bus would be worth it, only if we could get to watch the bus appear out of nowhere. It still is a matter of great anticipation for me. Provided our busdriver-cum-pilot drives carefully.
- Peanuts or Moophali. Much fun. Meh.
- Cauliflower! Sigh. I’ll miss you, oh dear ladyfinger, but please make way for the God of all vegetables.
- Sitting on the grass in the sun! I will not get to do that this year, because of a certain obligation called work. But I have to say, this was the most fun activity in college! The hours we spent on the grass, nibbling, bitching, eating the muffins from Nescafe, drinking hot chocolate, copying notes. Okay, I miss college too.
- Birthdays! Mum’s and mine too. I accept gifts in cash and kind. Just saying.
Now, I am positively excited! For those of you who live in places which don’t have winters, I feel bad for you. Nah. I don’t. Aaahahahaa. 😀