Is there a point in saying I am back? I don’t think so! 😀
But seriously, sincerely, I am back. And this time for real.
I started out for my MBA thinking about the 2 long years I’ll get to be in college, the hike in salary I will get and the chance to sit in a class again. Before I could realize, its all almost over. I sat in classes and slept through some. I got a nice job. I explored sides to me, which I never knew existed. I wasted a lot of time and did some important things. And of course, I met some people, whom I’ll treasure forever. MBA hasn’t ended and I am already so sentimental.
Anyway, DI tagged me and since I don’t remember the last time anyone tagged me, I will gladly take this up and use this tag to update you about my 2012. Not that anyone asked, but, hey, last I remember, that’s what blogging was all about! So, here goes..
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Appeared on Television thrice! That counts, right?
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
I don’t remember having made any resolutions. I mean, seriously, I wish I had a more interesting answer for this. Like, I resolved to save Gotham City. I think I just went with the flow this year..!
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I started this tag thinking I’ll make it interesting. But boo. Not making my life sound like fun at all right now. What date. Umm. 22nd November because I was on the biggest stage ever of my life and nothing got screwed up. We presented well and we won and I eventually got a job with the company. But that makes 28th December the best day then.
By the general sequence, can you make out that the first part of the year kind of sucked?!
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hanging on, despite everything! Luckily for me, things turned around. So I can safely say, I hung on tight.
5. What was your biggest failure?
I think I failed in having fun this year. I didn’t watch enough TV shows or enough of downloaded pirated movies. And while on that note, you didn’t really ask, but the saddest part of the year was losing all my data and collections of TV shows on my external hard-disk AND those on my laptop’s hard-disk too. Can it get any worse than that?
6. Did you suffer illness?
No. But like I said, I lost all my TV shows collection. It was sad. I was depressed for a few days. And then the laptop crashed. I got sadder. That’s illness.
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm. In a B-School, I think most times, this whole fuss about placements makes most peoples’ behavior depressing. Its best not to judge them for that.
8. Where did most of your money go?
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A free, fully paid trip to Hong Kong! They also gave us 50 USD per day to spend. Like on shopping. I don’t think I need to say more than that.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
This one. The song’s called Remember When from the brilliant animated movie called Up. Why 2012? Because incidentally, that’s the year I saw the movie, that’s also the year the song became relevant to me!
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier. Definitely happier. Life’s maksat got poora with this job and MBA and all that.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
As always, like every year, I wish I had kept more in touch with friends from past life. I try. I genuinely try. But the second someone mentions a reunion, I think a part of my brain just switches off and refuses to process any further information in that regard. And its not because I don’t like people, or because I have some story that I am embarrassed of. Its simply because I am LAZY.
And also, I wish I had done more of Blogging. 😀
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d done less thinking about blogging and actually blogged. People blog more when they are in college. I draft-blogged a lot. But published – nothing.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Advaita. Undoubtedly Advaita. I discovered them in March and have still not got bored of their album Grounded in Space. Do listen to them. In fact, they came on Dewarists too. I also discovered Agnee, thanks to Unplugged. But that was in December.
16. What did you want and get?
I wanted to get out of the placement process as soon as possible. I got a pre-placement offer. So, I got what I wanted.
17. What did you want and not get?
This is a nice one. So, when the semester started and I had to chose electives, I told myself, at the end of this year, I must know enough finance to sound like a cool MBA, and not a “gassy” marketer. I boldly took 3 finance subjects.
I did not get that finance knowledge. Instead, I am left with forlorn hopes that I somehow pass the subjects. Results aren’t out yet, so this question has seeped its way into 2013!
Pray for me. Please.
18. What was your favorite film of this year?
I liked Barfi. I know it was copied, but I left the theater with a nice feeling.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday’s in a week from now and when I am counting gifts for the next birthday, the previous one seems irrelevant. If you really must know, I was 24 and I went out with friends first and then with family. Boring.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A Million dollars would have been good. Or a house by the beach in Mangalore. Or a strawberry farm in Shimla.
Oops. I just spilled by retirement plans. Contributions are welcome.
21. What kept you sane?
Knowing there are some people who will always be by your side, no matter what. And that they are only a phone call away or right there at home, when you get back after a long day.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I might need to spill this one over to a new post. I’ll list it in short here:
- Not everyone thinks the same way as you.
- Keeping a check on what you say is important. Especially when talking to people close to you. The others, they’ll just tell you on your face and walk away. The ones who love you? They won’t say anything. And that makes it harder.
- Hard-disks come with warranty. But there’s no point to that warranty because data cannot be retrieved. So, just accept the fact that hard-disks don’t come with warranty.
- You thought internet was a great way to waste time? Hah. I saw a whole new level of wasting time. And no, I wasn’t the one doing it. Which only made it more irritating to me.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Hong Kong, Pondicherry, Rameshwaram and all the beaches between Rameshwaram and Chennai.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Aankhon Mein Jiske, Koi To Khwaab Hai
Khush Hai Wohi Jo, Thoda Betaab Hai
Zindagi Mein Koi, Arzoo Ke Jiye
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.
I am not really sure if there are any bloggers out there who still read my blog. If you are reading this and own a blog, I tag you!
And I am done!
That actually was the easiest way I could have asked for to make a come-back.
Happy New Year!
I am making my resolution in written here, so that next year’s come-back post can have a link back to this – I resolve to write more.