June 14, 2013 by Preeks
You know you have grown up when..
- Every second update on your Facebook news feed is a wedding or an engagement. The horror of it all struck me last week with this update – “It’s a girl!”.
- You walk into grocery/retail stores and don’t migrate towards the snacks section to pick up a packet of Lays or Uncle Chips. You actually stand in the Personal Wash section and compare Surf Excel and Tide. (For the love of me, I don’t know how they are any different.)
- When your body clock sets itself at 6:45 am! I don’t even know how that happened. It’s almost an insult to my life’s ideologies.
- You talk about your life’s ideologies and principles.
- Your incentive for traveling is the Daily Allowance!
- Retirement planning becomes a reality. I mean, you do it for tax benefit and blah, but whatever. You accepted it, right?
- The most dialled number on your phone log is, wait for it, the broker’s.
- You do not, come what may, wish to go out on the weekend!
- You cannot find company to watch Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
- You can actually, actively, with your whole mind, ignore the TV. The only thing you enjoy watching is Seinfeld and so, your attention span has been reduced to 21:44 min.
But you know, its not all bad. When you call home at the end of the day, you are still a kid. When your first gift to yourself from your salary is a paints set, you are definitely a kid. When you cannot resist french fries, at any time of the day, you are a kid. When in a buffet lunch, you prefer the Kids menu, noone can even contest you aren’t a kid.
Small pleasures. Life. Meh.
In case you haven’t guessed by now, work life has started again.
Have a fun weekend!