M for Middle

4

April 16, 2016 by Preeks

When I realized this, I got a little bit depressed. So I am spreading the depression around.

M is the exact middle in the alphabets. Meaning, we are only half way through this A to Z challenge.

Sigh. No offence, but this feels like the longest month ever. Reminds me of all the other times when the clock didn’t move fast enough:

  • Long meetings where the job of 80% of the people is to summarize what the remaining 20% said. Only in better words.
  • Conference calls, when I put them on mute and do some other work.
  • Fast and the Furious 7. I slept through the movie, while watching it in the hall. At interval, I could not believe only half was over. Because in my sleep, I had a very vivid, long, intense dream with sound effects. Wonder where the sounds came from.
  • Ki and Ka. Again. At interval, I did not understand why there needed to be a second half. It seemed like the point of the movie had been explained quite well in the first half and that making a second half to reiterate the point would only make it worse. It did. And I slept through it.
  • Induction presentations. I have not attended many, but the few that I have, I felt could have been shortened by atleast 95%. Now that we have joined, what’s the point in making us listen to good things about the company again?
  • Organization Behavior classes in MBA. In hindsight, that was literally the only class we should have heard with full concentration. 
  • Exams like Financial Derivatives when I did not know much and waited for the time to end, so I could leave my guilt in the exam hall and never again take an elective beyond my understanding.
  • When the air hostess closes the doors and announces, “On Time Closing of Doors”, only to delay the flight by 45 minutes after that, because of congestion. What exactly did they achieve by closing doors on time? Some times I feel bus rides are better. Atleast he lets you roam around outside in case of delays. Thodi hawa toh aaye.
  • When coincidentally, on my long Bangalore-Delhi flight, my phone ran out of charge, my power bank ran out of charge. So did my iPad and my laptop. And my book got over too. For 1 second, I thought life’s existence was useless. Then I looked at my watch. Only 30 minutes since take off.

That’s about all I could think of. Still depressed. But I am not alone:



Hope you are more excited about this than me!

Cheers
Preeks

Pic credit: Calvin and Hobbes as always
Advertisements

4 thoughts on “M for Middle

  1. Awww cheer up! 🙂

    Like

  2. CRD says:

    Ki and Ka – Bahut Dardnaak movie yaad dila di tumne. 50% of the movie was about gender roles and the other 50% was unnecessary. I still get nightmares about that silly train in their house.

    MBA days ki bhi yaad aa gayi. I hated the HR lectures. Hope you're not from that fraternity :p

    My blog is in need of some TLC – Tender Loving Comments. It's feeling really lonely and empty 😦

    Scripted In Sanity

    Like

  3. Preeti says:

    Aww. Hoping over!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

On Instagram

There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.

History

April 2016
M T W T F S S
« Mar   May »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Blog Adda

%d bloggers like this: